Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Professor warns State banks may need taxpayer funding to meet losses from cheap lending and high interest rates on deposits.
- Notes Treasury capital transfers may soon be required if banks' profits diminish further: profits declined 77.4% to TRY1.36bn in the first 4 months of the year.
- Former CBRT chief economist Sozcu says issues in the banking sector will persists as long as govt pursues populist policies without battling inflation
- 15 AKP MPs push for Interior Minister Soylu's resignation over organized crime allegations – Duvar
- Macron says he wats to meet with Erdogan despite 'profound disagreements' just before the NATO Summit (14 June).
- Noted, however, that Turkey's purchase of S-400s is an issue within NATO. Despite this, Macros said he wished to tell Erdogan that France's struggle does not target Islam in any way
- Experts warn the $25bn Canal Istanbul project increases the risk from earthquakes. Notes Istanbul is also at risk of a strong earthquake in the near future that could cut it off from the mainland as the canal would turn Istanbul into an island.
- Erdogan says groundwork for the canal will be laid by month-end. Survey shows most locals oppose the plan
- World Bank Revises Turkey's growth forecast upwards by 0.5% to 5% for 2021 as exports benefit from firming external demand, particularly in the Euro area.
- Noted the forecast masks growing vulnerabilities: reoccurring covid outbreaks, weak tourism, tightening of external financing conditions, rise in policy uncertainty, especially in monetary policy