Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI Research
- About Us
- Public Sector unions prepare for strike action as wage negotiations stall on Friday with "nothing positive" coming out of it.
- PSA union says it will prepare for strike action next week if govt does not offer a favourable way forward on the wage dispute
- Energy expert Chris Yelland says SA has the capacity to move away from load shedding and meet its energy needs – but things are being held back by companies, particularly BEE companies, with vested interests in coal power.
- Warns SA may experience stage 4-5 load-shedding this year with the power down for more than 7hrs/day. Economists warn this could hamper the recovery and boost unemployment further
- Analyst says Ramaphosa is expected to reshuffle his Cabenet in the next few weeks, but he might wait until then to get rid of corruption accused HealthMin Mkhize after he meets with the integrity commission, rather than directly firing him
- Public Protector Mkhwebane is pushing to have the impeachment process against her stopped and invalidated, claiming the rules established by Parliament are unconstitutional.
- Also, because the process was established recently, they should not be allowed to be implemented retroactively – limiting her accountability for the 12 charges against her for misconduct, abuse of power and maladministration, to stand or be used against her in the process.
- Parliament says Mkhwebane's arguments are absurd, as it would mean that nothing would ever be able to get her removed from the position, no matter how grave the accusations