Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
FED: Q&A summary so far:
- Q: First Q on inflation level that would make FOMC concerned about low
- A: 'persistently below 2%'. Cites portfolio management services etc as being
transient factors in depressed inflation. Don't see a strong case for a rate
move in either direction
- Q: Have mkts gotten ahead of themselves on pricing rate cuts / what conditions
would be required to cut?
- A: Policy appropriate right now, no strong case for moving in either
direction. Look at alternative scenarios, but that's all we do, FOMC comfortable
with current stance
- Q: On IOER, why the EFFR breach of limit a problem?
- A: A small temporary deviation outside of range would not be important, but
important that we can control FFR and keep within range - that's just good