- G10 Markets
- Fixed Income
- Foreign Exchange
- Emerging Markets
- MNI Research
- Global Macro
- Political Risk
- About Us
Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
- G10 Markets
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
Real-time insight of oil & gas markets
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
Q3 GDP & September Monthly Data Prints Due Tomorrow
A reminder that China Q3 GDP prints tomorrow. The market expects a decent rebound from the fall in Q2. Q/Q growth is expected at +2.8% (versus -2.6% in Q2), while would take the y/y pace to 3.3% from 0.4%. Also out is the monthly run of activity indicators - IP, retail sales, fixed asset investment and the jobless rate.
- The range for q/q GDP estimates is 2.5% to 4.4%. A positive outcome is no surprise, as Shanghai emerged from lockdown conditions, which hit Q2 growth.
- Still, given the deterioration in survey numbers at the end of Q3, such as PMI prints, the market may not get too excited by any bounce.
- For September IP, the market expects a further improvement to 4.8% y/y from 4.2%.
- For retail, 3.1% y/y is forecast against a 5.4% gain last month. This would be in line with weaker services PMI readings for September, with the Chengdu lockdown weighing.
- Fixed asset investment is expected to improve slightly to +6.0% ytd y/y from 5.8%, although property investment is still forecast to remain weak at -7.5% ytd y/y versus -7.4%. Finally, the jobless rate is forecast to edge down to 5.2%, against 5.3% in August.
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Why Subscribe to
MNI is the leading providerof intelligence and analysis on the Global Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange and Energy markets. We use an innovative combination of real-time analysis, deep fundamental research and journalism to provide unique and actionable insights for traders and investors. Our "All signal, no noise" approach drives an intelligence service that is succinct and timely, which is highly regarded by our time constrained client base.
Our Head Office is in London with offices in Chicago, Washington and Beijing, as well as an on the ground presence in other major financial centres across the world.