Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Relief in the front end of the curve following BCB Governor Campos Neto's comments surrounding not altering the path of policy following every CPI print was not enough to bolster the currency.
- USDBRL actually edged higher throughout Tuesday as risk sentiment waned and the greenback pared early losses.
- While the comments do appear slightly less hawkish for the upcoming Sep 22 meeting, we would highlight that the BCB Governor also emphasised they would take Selic rate to wherever needed and so more aggressive action next week should not be ruled out.
- Today we will see economic activity data, seen as a monthly reference for Brazil's Gross Domestic Product:
- 1300BST/0800ET: July Economic Activity m/m, est. 0.35%, prior 1.14%
- 1300BST/0800ET: July Economic Activity y/y, est. 5.00%, prior 9.07%