Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
- Reported position adjustments allowed EUR/USD to push higher Monday, the USD losing ground despite a risk off move in equities.
- EUR/USD rallied to a high of $1.1794 ahead of the 1600BST fix, off an earlier low of $1.1703, before it drifted off to $1.1765 during the NY afternoon, closing the day at $1.1770.
- Goto-bi day demand for EUR/JPY provided a lift to EUR/USD in Asia, edging rate to $1.1781 into the European open.
- Germany PPI(0700BST), EZ Current Account(0900BST) provide domestic data interest. US Housing Starts, Building Permits at 1330BST.
- ECB de Cos speaks at 1250BST. Fed speakers include Quarles(1550BST), Evans(1800BST), NY Fed Singh(1830BST), Bostic(2200BST).
- Option expiries of note $1.1745(E1.4bln), $1.1790-1.1800(E1.4bln), the latter interest linked to resistance into $1.1800.
- MNI Techs: A fairly strong close Monday strengthens the intraday reversal and exposes key near-term resistance at 1.1831, Oct 12 high. This level represents the trigger for a resumption of the bullish reversal that occurred on Sep 25 and would open 1.1859 initially, a retracement level. Sub 1.1684 levels, Sep 30 low, is required to reinstate a bearish threat.