- G10 Markets
- Fixed Income
- Foreign Exchange
- Emerging Markets
- MNI Research
- Global Macro
- Political Risk
- About Us
Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
- G10 Markets
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
Real-time insight of oil & gas markets
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
Remains Buoyed, Following Monday's Rally, But Faces Headwinds Into $1.1800
- Reported position adjustments allowed EUR/USD to push higher Monday, the USD losing ground despite a risk off move in equities.
- EUR/USD rallied to a high of $1.1794 ahead of the 1600BST fix, off an earlier low of $1.1703, before it drifted off to $1.1765 during the NY afternoon, closing the day at $1.1770.
- Goto-bi day demand for EUR/JPY provided a lift to EUR/USD in Asia, edging rate to $1.1781 into the European open.
- Germany PPI(0700BST), EZ Current Account(0900BST) provide domestic data interest. US Housing Starts, Building Permits at 1330BST.
- ECB de Cos speaks at 1250BST. Fed speakers include Quarles(1550BST), Evans(1800BST), NY Fed Singh(1830BST), Bostic(2200BST).
- Option expiries of note $1.1745(E1.4bln), $1.1790-1.1800(E1.4bln), the latter interest linked to resistance into $1.1800.
- MNI Techs: A fairly strong close Monday strengthens the intraday reversal and exposes key near-term resistance at 1.1831, Oct 12 high. This level represents the trigger for a resumption of the bullish reversal that occurred on Sep 25 and would open 1.1859 initially, a retracement level. Sub 1.1684 levels, Sep 30 low, is required to reinstate a bearish threat.
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Why Subscribe to
MNI is the leading providerof intelligence and analysis on the Global Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange and Energy markets. We use an innovative combination of real-time analysis, deep fundamental research and journalism to provide unique and actionable insights for traders and investors. Our "All signal, no noise" approach drives an intelligence service that is succinct and timely, which is highly regarded by our time constrained client base.
Our Head Office is in London with offices in Chicago, Washington and Beijing, as well as an on the ground presence in other major financial centres across the world.