Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Risk appetite gradually returned day after steady FOMC rate annc, markets leaning into the more hawkish message from policy makers despite not receiving specific details on speed or timing of tapering QE.
- Early bond support evaporated after the annc of Apple 4pt issuance ($8.5b issued May'20 -- lead to speculative rate-locks), not to mention other issuers. $6.5B Apple launched later in second half -- lion's share of $15B total high-grade issuance.
- Stronger equities helped risk appetite (ESU1 +20.0 after FI close) after China continues to quell investor concerns overnight.
- Tsys had gapped higher post data, some desks initially citing GDP miss. Others said GDP was misleading as "as all inventory drawdown" related.
- FI markets also absorbed $62B 7Y note (91282CCR0) auction: Tsys inched lower after 1.03bp tail with high yield of 1.050% vs. 1.037% WI. Bid-to-cover: 2.23x vs. 2.27x 5m avg, Indirect take-up: 58.37 vs. 59.97 in June, still well over 5M avg of 55.19%. Primary dealer take-up 22.18% vs. 18.69% last month remains below 25.06% 5 month avg. Direct take-up slips to 19.45 vs. 19.53% 5M avg.
- The 2-Yr yield is down 0.2bps at 0.1996%, 5-Yr is up 1.8bps at 0.7287%, 10-Yr is up 3.3bps at 1.2659%, and 30-Yr is up 3.2bps at 1.9124%.