Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
The yen picked up a bid as U.S. equity index futures edged lower in a sign that yesterday's risk-on impetus was fading. Fresh news flow was rather light, leaving the familiar themes of China's regulatory steps and virus outbreaks across Asia in focus. Japanese participants are yet to hear the latest address from BoJ Gov Kuroda.
- The Antipodeans were easily the worst performers in G10 FX space, with Australia's Covid-19 situation attracting much attention. Sydney remained under lockdown, even as Victoria and South Australia unwound some restrictions.
- Spot USD/CNH edged lower today, shrugging off the PBOC fix, which fell 7 pips below sell-side estimate. The rate extended losses registered late doors on Monday, but remained within that day's range.
- Most major crosses were happy to hug narrow ranges in Asia-Pac hours.
- U.S. durable goods orders & Conf. Board Consumer Confidence as well as comments from BoJ's Kuroda, RBA's Debelle and ECB's de Cos take focus from here.