Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Participants were on the lookout for fresh updates on the Omicron coronavirus variant but to no avail. Growing regulatory scrutiny of Chinese companies traded in the U.S. provided another source of concern, while Fedspeak pointing to the potential for a faster withdrawal of stimulus was assessed.
- The DXY operated above neutral levels, even as U.S. e-mini futures trimmed initial losses. The dollar index showed at its highest point this month, as the greenback outperformed.
- The Antipodean currencies led losses in G10 FX space. Risk barometer AUD/JPY slipped to its worst level since Sep 23, while NZD/JPY respected recent intraday lows.
- Major crosses generally held tight ranges in Asia-Pac hours, as regional headline flow provided little in the way of fresh market impetus.
- U.S. NFP report headlines today's data docket. A raft of global Services PMI prints, U.S. durable goods orders and factory orders, Canadian jobs data are also due.
- The central bank speaker slate features Fed's Bullard, BoE's Saunders and ECB's Lagarde & Lane.