May 16, 2022 18:28 GMT
- The Colombian Peso is outperforming the region on Monday amid rising oil prices and a slightly softer greenback.
- Elsewhere, Latam currencies are trading in the green, mostly echoing the 0.2% decline in the Bloomberg dollar index. USDMXN has been grinding lower throughout the session, continuing to narrow the gap with initial firm support at 20.0014, the May 4 low.
- Tomorrow there are no major Latin American economic data releases scheduled.
- Latest headlines:
- BOLSONARO SAYS BRAZIL IS LOOKING FOR A FUEL PRICE SOLUTION (BBG)
- BOLSONARO SAYS HE'S STILL DECIDING ABOUT SUMMIT OF AMERICAS (BBG)
- Below gives key levels of LatAm markets in current trade:
- USDMXN down 0.31% at 20.0457
- USDBRL down 0.22% at 5.0497
- USDCLP down 0.32% at 857.92
- USDCOP down 1.26% at 4058.19
- USDPEN down 0.45% at 3.7755
- Bbg Dollar Index down 0.2% at 1255.04
- WTI Crude Oil (front-month) up $3.96 (3.58%) at $114.43
- Copper Futures up 3.25 (0.78%) at 421.30