Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Equity markets started stubbornly, with the e-mini S&P edging through the overnight and Wednesday lows shortly after the opening bell.
- Fortunes swung slightly after the London close, however, with bluechip stocks - namely consumer staples - helped fuel a mild recovery back toward the Wednesday highs of 4180.
- Consumer staples and financials were among the strongest performing sectors. Post-earnings, Kellogg Co traded very well, with the stock higher by 7% shortly after the open on an upgraded outlook. In contrast, healthcare performed poorly as Pfizer shares shed near 3% after Biden's call to waive COVID vaccine patents.
- NASDAQ futures underperformed the equivalent Dow Jones and S&P contracts, before finding some support at the Jun-21 50-dma at 13,344.