Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
5-Year ACGBs garner some strength, as the market has digested a particularly strong sale of ACGB Apr '26. The bid/cover ratio jumped to 7.50x and the average over the past 20 offerings held above 5.00x, a record streak for Aussie bonds.
- BBG flagged support from the RBA's QE programme, while CBA pointed to the likelihood that Japanese players are buying back in, in defiance of global inflation fears.
- Meanwhile, the AOFM released a rather light issuance slate for next week. They are set to offer A$1.5bn of ACGB Apr '33 next Wednesday.
- Yields trade 0.2-0.7bp higher across the steepened curve, with 5s outperforming after 5-Year yield briefly flirted with negative territory. The long-end of the curve has lifted over the last hour or so, in the wake of the auction.
- Aussie bond futures have dipped since our latest update, YM trades -1.0 & XM -1.5, both hovering just above session lows.
- Bills last seen 1-3 ticks lower through the reds.