- G10 Markets
- Fixed Income
- Foreign Exchange
- Emerging Markets
- MNI Research
- Global Macro
- Political Risk
- About Us
Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
- G10 Markets
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
Real-time insight of oil & gas markets
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
TD Securities: Hike to 1% and gilt sales to begin by May (risk of delay to Aug)
- “We now expect hikes at the next two MPC meetings (though there's a risk the second hike slips from May to Aug), followed by a relatively long pause as QT kicks in and the MPC assesses its impact on the economy.”
- TD Securities’ previous forecast saw hikes in May 2022 and August 2022 (following February).
- TDS notes that “This is the lowest three-year projected inflation rate since 2011, and alongside rising slack, sends a strong signal that the MPC thinks that markets are pricing in too many hikes over the forecast horizon.”
- “The emphasis on QT and an unloading of corporate bond holdings from end-2023 suggests much of the further tightening will come via balance sheet policy, somewhat at odds with the MPC's comments last year that Bank Rate remains the primary tool for monetary policy.”
- “We expect the BoE will provide more guidance on its APF portfolio at the March meeting. Markets will be focusing on their entire thought process and willingness to set the stage for asset sales.”
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Why Subscribe to
MNI is the leading providerof intelligence and analysis on the Global Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange and Energy markets. We use an innovative combination of real-time analysis, deep fundamental research and journalism to provide unique and actionable insights for traders and investors. Our "All signal, no noise" approach drives an intelligence service that is succinct and timely, which is highly regarded by our time constrained client base.
Our Head Office is in London with offices in Chicago, Washington and Beijing, as well as an on the ground presence in other major financial centres across the world.