- G10 Markets
- Fixed Income
- Foreign Exchange
- Emerging Markets
- MNI Research
- Global Macro
- Political Risk
- About Us
Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
- G10 Markets
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
Real-time insight of oil & gas markets
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
Tech Still Outperforming, Mixed Trends Elsewhere
Regional equity sentiment is mixed in Asia Pac for the final trading session of the week. Hong Kong markets have been closed today, which has lightened liquidity for the region. Tech related plays are outperforming modestly, while China and parts of SEA remain weaker.
- US futures are in the red, albeit with losses not extending beyond -0.30% for Eminis. The index was last at 4152, down by -0.2%, with Nasdaq futures off by a similar amount. Headlines from US House Majority Leader McCarthy that there is no agreement on the debt ceiling weighed at the margins in early trade. Negotiations are likely to continue into the weekend.
- In Taiwan, the Taiex is the outperformer, up over 1%, with positive Chip/Tech sentiment from Thursday trade in the US aiding moves. This is fresh highs for the index back to early June last year.
- The Kospi is also up but a more modest 0.15%, although offshore investors have bought another $487.7mn in local locals, brining week to date inflows to $881.6mn.
- China markets are weaker to the break, the CSI 300 off a further 0.40%. We are up from fresh lows though.
- In SEA, Philippines stocks are down around 0.80%, while Thai stocks are -0.40% at this stage, unwinding gains from earlier in the week.
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Why Subscribe to
MNI is the leading providerof intelligence and analysis on the Global Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange and Energy markets. We use an innovative combination of real-time analysis, deep fundamental research and journalism to provide unique and actionable insights for traders and investors. Our "All signal, no noise" approach drives an intelligence service that is succinct and timely, which is highly regarded by our time constrained client base.
Our Head Office is in London with offices in Chicago, Washington and Beijing, as well as an on the ground presence in other major financial centres across the world.