Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
USDRUB started its current bearish cycle on Apr 7. The move lower (high - low) has resulted in a 7.75% depreciation in the pair. Conditions remain bearish.
- Price has this week cleared 72.5385, Mar 16 low. The break of this key support reinforces the current bear cycle.
- Moving average studies are in a bear mode, looking at the 20- and 50-day EMAs. This clearly highlights the fact that for now, the path of least resistance remains down.
- The break lower signals potential for weakness towards 71.0838, 76.4% retracement of the Jun - Oct 2020 rally.
- Resistance is at 73.3565, the 20-day EMA
- Support levels to watch:
- 72.0000 Psychological round number (yesterday's low was 71.9900)
- 71.0838 76.4% retracement of the Jun - Oct 2020 rally
- 70.4821 Low Jul 13, 2020