Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
BOND SUMMARY: The release of the European Commission's latest economic forecasts
this morning has triggered a market reaction. The eurozone growth forecast for
2019 has been cut to 1.3% from 1.9%.US/UK/Core EGB yields have taken a leg
lower, while peripheries are under a little pressure.
- European Commissioner for Economic and Financial Affairs Pierre Moscovici
added that the slowdown in 2019 will be worse than expected and cited softer
Chinese growth and the risk of US fiscal tightening as contributing factors.
- US TSY yields are 1-2bps lower after the EC report was released. Current
yield levels: 2-year 2.5039%, 10-year 2.6752%, 30-year 3.0153%.
- The Mar-19 JGB future trades at 152.62 in the middle of the day's range.
- Similar to USTs, bund yields are 1-2bps lower since 1000GMT. The long-end has
outperformed slightly with 2s10s/2s30s trading down 1-2bps.
- French OAT yields are trading at the lows of the day.
- Gilt yields are broadly 2-3bps lower across the curve.
- Euro$ futures are 0.5-3.5 ticks higher with greens/blues outperforming, while
Euibor futures are 3.0-4.0 ticks higher in greens/blues.