Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- RES 4: 1.4315 High Apr 18, 218
- RES 3: 1.4237 High Feb 24 and a key resistance
- RES 2: 1.4187 2.0% 10-dma envelope
- RES 1: 1.4103 76.4% retracement of the Feb 24 - Apr 12 downleg
- PRICE: 1.4046 @ 06:19 BST May 10
- SUP 1: 1.3972 Intraday low
- SUP 2: 1.3858 Low May 6
- SUP 3: 1.3801 Low May 3
- SUP 4: 1.3717 Low Apr 16
GBPUSD benefited from broad USD weakness Friday, and has extended gains today to confirm a break of the 1.4000 handle. The move higher negates the recent bearish focus and resumes a bullish theme with attention turning to 1.4103, a Fibonacci retracement. Moving average signals also point north and this reinforces a bullish outlook. On the downside, initial firm support is seen at 1.3858, May 6 low.