Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Bank of Japan Market News
The Bank of Japan targets inflation at 2% and ensures the stability of the wider financial system. At present, it uses its yield curve control policy, a the short-term policy interest rate at -0.1% and the long-term policy interest rate at around zero percent. With Japan's core consumer price index still far below the 2% target and the BOJ board's median forecast for the inflation rate in fiscal 2023 to March 2024 just 1%, BOJ Governor Haruhiko Kuroda, whose the second five-year term ends in April 2023, is unlikely achieve the price stability target before he steps down. The BOJ holds its policy-decision meeting eight times a year and the bank releases its quarter Outlook Report in January, April, July and October. Policy decisions are usually around 0300GMT on decision day.
- Exclusive Bank of Japan Insight stories - based on extensive reporting by MNI journalists.
- Exclusive on-the-record interviews with current and ex members of the Bank of Japan board.
- MNI Central bank policy analysis – before and after key meetings. This includes:
- MNI POV (Point of View) – The MNI Market team's view on what the key themes to watch in the decision/press conference/forecasts and possible market reaction.
- MNI Central Bank Data Watch - key economic variables that are important to global markets and percentage movements since the last central bank meeting.
- Market-leading insights into central bank policy, from sell-side note summaries to full meeting previews/reviews for major central banks.
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.