Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
US TSYS SUMMARY: Treasuries open NY mildly weaker after tight overnight range.
Tsy will sell a 1pm ET $24B 3-year note auction. US NFIB July small business
optimism index weaker at 105.2 July. No Fed speakers today.
- TOKYO: Tsys gained mildly early amid range, some Asian holidays. Sources
reported light foreign central bank buying in 2-year notes, sellers in TYU 10Y
Tsy futures at 126-05.5. Asia regional banks sold Tsys across curve (auction
hedges?) China trade surplus widened for a fifth straight month. Japan's Nikkei
stock index -0.3%.
- LONDON: More muted range trading continued, but light end user buying occurred
in 5s, 10s and 30s Tsys. USD weaker vs. Yen lending some mild support for Tsys.
Doubleline's Jeffrey Gundlach said bonds are overvalued, advised to cut down
junk bond and emg mkt holdings, said Bloomberg.
- O/N REPO: 2Y, 3Y, 5Y, 10Y Tsys tighten.
- HIGH-GRADE US$ CORPORATES: More high-grade US$ corporate bond supply expected;
was $15B Monday. British American Tobacco investor calls continue Tuesday; Apple
eyed as a possible deal.