Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI Research
- About Us
US TSYS SUMMARY: Treasuries traded mildly weaker midday Wed, but off the day's
price lows seen about 7am ET, amid muted two-way flows and mild dip buying as
the US$/yen remained weak.
- Tsys opened NY weaker, after overnight give-back of Friday safe-haven buying
into the weekend amid N.Korea/U.S. tensions. When there was not a N.Korea
flareup, accounts unwound such safe-haven buying, but did not go crazy on that,
because N.Korea still lurks as an event risk.
- US real money buying occurred in front end Tsys, while others did dip buying
in nominal Tsys 7Y and 10Y notes. Cash Tsys saw accounts roll from "now-old" May
2027 10Y to the Aug. 2027 10Y, among other cash mkt switches ahead of Tues
3/10/30Y auction settlement.
- FX-tied buying around 10:19am ET, later as US$/yen weakened somehwat. Fast
money did steepeners vs 30Y Tsy. Tsy O/N Repo: 2Y Tsy tight. MBS spds tight.
- Tsy futures: Sep/Dec Tsy futures roll starts (only 1-2% Sept OI rolled so
far.) Fed Funds futures: decent block buy of 6,000 FFQ at 98.845 at 11:57am ET.
- German Bunds weakened in morning, as risk-off trade reversed.