Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
- Treasury says it is considering tax hike or widening the budget deficit to fund vaccine purchases.
- Vaccines expected to cost ~R20bn, but the concern is with an already overburdened tax base (~8-10% of the population are taxpayers), there will be little scope to raise taxes too aggressively - Business Day.
- Talk of a tax revolt emerged in late 2019-early 2021, which may resurface if taxation is pressed as the primary vehicle.
- Class action suit has been launched against SA banks for auctioning repossessed houses at 50-60% of their market value according to a 12,000 property sample size.
- Some even at 17% of their value. Suit is aiming to recoup billions of rands. Banks are yet to respond. - MoneyWeb
- Eskom extends load-shedding to Monday, citing delays in restarting power units - Business Tech