Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- UK adds SA to its travel red list after a new variant was discovered in the SADC region. Flights have been temporarily banned, sparking major concerns for SA tourism ahead of the busy season. Authorities are still trying to ascertain its transmissibility, severity & its potential resistance to vaccines
- Union Cosatu calls for an alliance summit after the ANC's poor electoral performance, saying they wish to discuss what went wrong in the municipal elections and review the coalition talks that resulted in major metros falling into opposition hands.
- ANC election head Mbalula confirms calls for the NEC to resign over the results, but said that this was made by a group of opportunists within the party and that the ANC will bounce back before 2024 elections
- Coalition of unions mull strike after rejecting miner Sibanye-Stillwater's revised wage offer. Union spokesperson says they are currently drafting picketing rules
- Energy Regulator Nersa agrees with energy Min Mantashe, saying SA needs to boost its nuclear capacity. Nersa says SA needs to bolster its baseload energy, arguing that renewable energy is too inconsistent to meet the base needs for the country.
- Mantashe is pushing to procure 2,500MW in nuclear energy as part of the post-2030 power mix. New nuclear energy is expected by 2035, with the national baseload anticipated to be 38,500MW