Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Colombian CPI released over the weekend has lent support to the currency on Monday, notably outperforming the region, as markets assume the higher inflationary pressures will lead to a continuation of a 50bp rate hike pace. Additionally, the very strong recovery in oil prices is bolstering COP, currently up 0.9% against the greenback.
- The likelihood of more aggressive short-term monetary tightening has weighed on the front-end of the IBR swaps curve, which has bear flattened.
- Chilean CPI data kicks off the data docket on Tuesday, before Chile trade balance figures and Mexico Gross Fixed investment are also published.
- USDMXN down 0.19% at 21.2343
- USDBRL up 0.57% at 5.6849
- USDCLP up 0.63% at 846.53
- USDCOP down 0.89% at 3932.17
- USDPEN up 0.21% at 4.0855
- S&P E-Mini Future up 56.5 points (1.25%) at 4594.25
- WTI Crude Oil (front-month) up $3.46 (5.22%) at $69.72
- Colombia IBR Swaps:
- 1-yr +16 bps at 4.79%
- 2-yr +7 bps at 5.67%
- 5-yr +6 bps at 6.29%
- 10-yr +4 bps at 6.65%