Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
Spot USD/CNH has moved away from session/multi-month lows and returned into yesterday's range. The rate last deals -16 pips at CNH6.9308.
- The initial round of sales was driven by broader greenback weakness. Hard to pin the recoil on any particular headline, worth mentioning that the DXY has remained subdued.
- In another reminder about boiling Sino-U.S. tensions, Hong Kong Chief Exec Lam noted that she has troubles using her credit card after being targeted by U.S. sanctions.
- Meanwhile, China's continues to fight trade skirmishes on several fronts, with the MOFCOM opening an anti-dumping probe into Australian wine.
- Bears need the rate to extend losses past Mar 9 low/round figure of CNH6.9049/6.9000 to gain some impetus. Bulls would be pleased by a jump above Aug 12 high of CNH6.9549, which would shift focus to the psychological CNH7.0000 level.
- Looking ahead, China's LPR fixing is due Thursday.