Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- USD/ZAR opens +0.41% higher as softer risk sentiment out of APAC and a firmer BBDXY filter through into today's price action.
- ZAR outperformed yesterday amid broad-based risk-on conditions, having sold-off sharply in recent weeks following a bout of social unrest.
- USD/ZAR retested the 14.50 handle, but failed to hold below the level.
- Today's focus will be on trade balance data – expected to remain flat at 54bn, keeping SA's terms of trade firmly in positive territory and ZAR supportive.
- A better week for SAGBs has also bolstered ZAR this week, offsetting the rise in covid cases.
- The covid situation remains uncertain with cases risking and falling in different areas, making to too soon to call a peak in infections.
- Intraday Sup1: 14.5042, Sup2: 14.4098, Res1: 14.6577, Res2: 14.7583