Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- USD/ZAR trades -0.41% lower this morning, tracking early downside in the BBDXY.
- The cross continued to trade in in a volatile upwards range, rising +0.46% on the day to fall just short of the 16.00 handle.
- Broad risk sentiment continues to dictate price action in USD/ZAR and should continue today in the aftermath of the FOMC minutes.
- The MPC confirmed market expectations for talk of an expedited taper timeline and the possibility of an earlier lift-off for rates with demand-side inflation drivers still robust – adding weight to the strong USD environment we find ourselves in.
- on the domestic front, markets will be watching Ramaphosa's Q&A session today for discussion of Eskom and the COP26 deal for any sign of a plan to bolster energy security.
- On the data front, PPI will also be a key gauge of the inflationary environment going into year-end following the SARB's first +25bp rate hike.
- Intraday Sup1: 15.7657, Sup2: 15.7147, Res1: 15.88, Res2: 15.9433