Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Overnight the year's highs at 21.6357 were broken in USDMXN and substantial follow through has been seen amid strong risk-off across global markets.
- The US presidential election highs were also broken for the pair above 22.00, however the pair has somewhat settled back below this mark for now.
- Above here the focus turns to the September 2020 highs around 20.70.
- Additionally, with the unwind of EURUSD shorts and strong price action in EUR crosses, EURMXN has firmly broken the downtrend, noted earlier in the week.
- The broad based Peso weakness is being continually underpinned tin the short-term by president AMLO's U-turn on his Banxico governor nomination – a development being eyed closely.
- 1200GMT/0700ET: Oct. Revised Trade Balance, est. -$1.96b, prior -$2.4b