Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
In an interview with Bloomberg, Governor Villar noted that both voting groups in the board in the previous meeting (5 to hold and 2 to cut 25bps) agree than there is a need for expansive monetary policy and that there is a need to keep rates at historically low levels for the time being.
- These comments were very much in line with his post decision rhetoric, noting that the differences of opinion between voting groups were small.
- The current growth forecasts have risks in both directions:
- Downside risks tied to the Pandemic and upside risks tied to a bolstered commodity price and export outlook.
- Today at, 1500GMT/1000ET Colombia Retail Sales, Manufacturing Production