Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- The HUF keeps weakening against major crosses ahead of NBH policy meeting next week (Sep 21).
- USDHUF has been trending higher in the past two days, breaking above its 200DMA (297.60) and 50DMA (299.50) and currently testing its 300 resistance. A break above that level would open the door for a move up to 303.70.
- Sell-side is split between 15bps and 30bps hike for the September 21 meeting as inflationary pressures remain firm in the CEE region (CPI inflation accelerated to 4.9% YoY in August) but the uncertainty over the economic recovery remains high.
- The HUF weakness has also been weighing on Hungarian equities in the past few days, with the BUX index consolidating from an all-time high of 51,121 to 52,082.