April 18, 2022 11:13 GMT
Rates trading weaker (30YY taps 2.9589 high, 2.9338% last), curves mildly steeper (2s10s +.856 at 37.797, 5s30s +.947 at 4.802). Very light volumes w/ much of Europe out for Easter Monday, TYM2 just over 160k at the moment.
- Limited data up at 0830ET:
- NAHB Housing Market Index (79, 77) at 1000ET
- US Tsy $57B 13W, $48B 26W bill auctions at 1130ET
- Scheduled Fed speakers this afternoon:
- StL Fed Bullard on economy, policy outlook, Council on Foreign Affairs, no text, no media Q&A at 1600
- Geopol risk: Keeping eye on Russia war in Ukraine for developments. Kyiv reported several missile strikes in the Western city of Lviv - just 70km east of the Polish border, over the weekend.
- Stocks weaker, off early overnight lows (SPX emini -16.0 at 4371.50) as earnings cycle resumes. Most already announced: Synchrony Financial (SYF), Bank of NY Mellon (BK), Bank of America (BAC) all beating estimates. Coming up: Charles Schwab (SCHW) ahead the open; JB Hunt Transport (JBHT) after the close.