May 16, 2022 11:17 GMT
FI trades mildly firmer on modest volumes (TYM2 just over 300k) , curves mildly flatter with short end lagging (2s10s -1.90 at 31.331). Inside range on generally calm start to the new week.
- Economic data on tap:
- Empire Manufacturing (24.6, 15) at 0830ET
- May-16 1600 Net Long-term TIC Flows ($141.7B, --), 1600ET
- May-16 1600 Total Net TIC Flows ($162.6B, --), 1600ET
- Scheduled FED speakers:
- NY Fed Williams moderated discussion, no text, 0855ET
- US Tsy auctions:
- US Tsy $45B 13W, $42B 26W bill auctions Mon at 1130ET
- Geopol risk: Russian Dep FM-FIN, SWE Joining NATO 'Mistake w/Far-Reaching Consequences': Russia's state-run RIA carries comments from Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov stating that Finland and Sweden's decisions to join the NATO alliance is a mistake 'with far-reaching consequences'.
- Cross-Asset Roundup: Crude weaker (WTI -1.199 at 109.30); Gold weaker (-7.54 at 1804.25); SPX softer (ESM2 -10.5 at 4009.25).