Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
OIL: WTI & Brent registered modest gains overnight, after oil surrendered some
its recent move higher Thursday, with focus on the potential for additional
Saudi & Russian oil production capacity.
- Thursday saw Saudi energy minister Al-Falih state that OPEC has some 1.3mn bpd
of extra capacity.
- Elsewhere Thursday, Russian energy minister Novak noted that he can't rule out
oil hitting $100/bbl, while U.S. national security advisor Bolton said that the
U.S. "objective is that there would be no waivers for purchasers of Iranian
crude, we could look at possible cuts leading to zero."
- Risk off sentiment from the shift higher in U.S. yields also weighed on crude