Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Treasuries are retracing after Friday's massive rally, amid speculation over the medium-term implications of the newly-discovered Omicron COVID variant.
- The 2-Yr yield is up 4.1bps at 0.5393%, 5-Yr is up 6.3bps at 1.2225%, 10-Yr is up 6.2bps at 1.5346%, and 30-Yr is up 5.6bps at 1.877%. Of course this is after one of the biggest rallies in recent years on Friday, and yields still much lower vs pre-Thanksgiving.
- Fed speakers include NY's Williams and Chair Powell making remarks at a NY Fed innovation event at 1500/1505ET, respectively; NY Fed VP Hassan moderates a panel at that event at 1515ET. Then Gov Bowman takes part in a discussion on central banks and indigenous communities at 1705ET. Relatively more focus on Powell's Congress hearing Tues / Weds.
- D.C. resumes business today: Pres Biden speaks on Omicron at 1145ET, and on the supply chain at 1545ET. Senate back in session, House tomorrow - immediate focus on gov't funding, with shutdown set for end-of-day Dec 3 (and an eye on Dems social spending bill).
- Pending home sales kicks off the week's data at 1000ET, with Dallas Fed Manuf at 1030ET.
- Supply is all bills ($108B combined 13-/26-wk at 1130ET). NY Fed buys ~$7.375B of 2.25-4.5Y Tsys.