Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Main news late yesterday was President AMLO nominating Arturo Herrera to take over the governorship at the central bank. His role at the finance ministry will be filled by Rogelio Ramirez de la O.
- The news had been speculated and analysts appear content that the new appointments should not trigger a shift in policy. At the margin, a dovish tilt could be argued as AMLO appointees will now take up 4 of the 5 spots on the Banxico committee, combined with Herrera's Finance Ministry background.
- USDMXN breached support yesterday, making fresh lows of 19.60. However, a late dollar squeeze leaves the pair consolidating around the May lows at 19.72. US CPI in focus with an empty domestic event calendar.
- News: After a request from the U.S., Mexico will review alleged labor violations related to workers' collective bargaining rights at Tridonex auto parts facilities, according to a statement from the economy and labor ministries. (BBG)