Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Whistleblowers within the ANC have shared images, videos and WhatsApp posts of party members boasting and proudly sharing images of arrest during the July riots, as well as text and voice messages allegedly planning shutdowns and attacks on trucks.
- The information further corroborates the theory that the riots started as a politically motivated event, which quickly spiralled out of the control of any one group.
- The whistleblowers want the ANC to take action against the instigators and have compiled a list of names of those they say are responsible. This is yet to be handed to the police, however
- Special Investigative Unit (SIU) refers suspended Health Minister & son to the NPA for possible charges over the Digital Vibes payments corruption scandal.
- Mhkize and his son were among 20 people who received payouts totalling R90m of the R150m awarded for an unlawful contract with the Health Department.
- Ramaphosa says he has received the SIU report and there is still some finalisation of certain aspects left to iron out.
- SA reports 13,751 new cases of Covid-19 and 523 deaths overnight. This number is below the 7-day rolling average according to the NICD and represents at 24.6% positivity rate.
- Western Cape remains most affected with a 29% positivity rate, Gauteng 27% KZN 14%.