Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- RES 4: 1.4133 High Jun 16
- RES 3: 1.4088 76.4% retracement of the Jun 1 - Jul 20 sell-off
- RES 2: 1.4001 High Jun 23
- RES 1: 1.3990 61.8% retracement of the Jun 1 - Jul 20 sell-off
- PRICE: 1.3896 @ 16:33 BST Aug 02
- SUP 1: 1.3836/3767 20-day EMA / Low Jul 27
- SUP 2: 1.3691 Low Jul 22
- SUP 3: 1.3572 Low Jul 20 and the bear trigger
- SUP 4: 1.3520/10 Low Jan 18 / 2.0%10-dma envelope
GBPUSD traded higher again Friday before fading into the close. The pair has cleared the 50-day EMA. The move above this average strengthens the current corrective recovery, signalling scope for gains towards 1.3990 next, a Fibonacci retracement. This lies ahead of a key short-term level at 1.4001, the Jun 23 high. A failure ahead of these resistance points would suggest the end of the current correction. First support is at 1.3836, the 20-day EMA.