Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
AUSSIE-KIWI: AUD/NZD has added 6 pips and currently trades at NZ$1.0340, after
printing the lowest level since Aug 6 in early Asia-Pacific trade. The overnight
session was driven by headlines re: spreading China's coronavirus.
- NSW Chief Health Officer informed that a fifth person in the country has
contracted the virus, following an earlier report by the Sydney Morning Herald
mentioning a potential case to be confirmed on Monday. The weekend saw Australia
report its first coronavirus case. Elsewhere, Aussie Health Minister noted that
the country will not halt inbound flights from China at this point.
- Across the ditch, Statistics NZ revised their reading of NZ employment change
for Q3 to +1.0% Y/Y from +0.9%.
- Any move below the Jan 8/overnight lows of NZ$1.0316/12 would play into the
hands of bears, exposing the Aug 6 low of NZ$1.0265. On the topside, the NZ$1.04
mark provides the initial target. A break here would inspire bulls to focus on
NZ$1.0442/43, the 50-DMA/23.6% retracement of the slide from the Nov 7 peak.
- Worth adding that a market closure in Australia & regional holiday in Auckland
(New Zealand) limited liquidity overnight.