Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
*MEXICO POLICY MAKERS VOTED 3-2 IN RATE DECISION (bbg)
This is slightly dovish considering last month's 4-1 split, with just Heath voting for a 25 bps cut.
From the statement:
- Banxico: inflation, eco activity big challenges for mon policy
- Held rates due to uncertainty on inflation
- Risks still to the downside
- Pause provides room to confirm CPI moving to target
- Future policy depends on factors affecting inflation
- Banxico sees CPI near 3% in 12 to 24 months
- More social distancing a downside risk to inflation