- G10 Markets
- Fixed Income
- Foreign Exchange
- Emerging Markets
- MNI Research
- Global Macro
- Political Risk
- About Us
Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
- G10 Markets
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
Real-time insight of oil & gas markets
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
Bear Flattening As 2s10s Hits Lows Since Mid April
- Cash Tsys are currently close to lows across the curve, bear flattening as 2Y yields of ~4.42% push fresh highs since the early days of regional banking woes. Fitch placed the US on negative ratings watch as the deadline for an increase in the debt ceiling approaches. Whilst broadly in line with EU FI, Treasuries significantly outperform Gilts which see further post-CPI adjustment.
- 2YY +4.5bp at 4.421%, 5YY +3.5bp at 3.815%, 10YY +1.5bp at 3.757% and 30YY +0.2bp at 3.988%. 2s10s just off a low of -66.4bps touched a low since Apr 19 otherwise last seen since Mar 16.
- TYM3 trades 12 ticks lower at 113-01+ just slightly off lows of 113-00. Having cleared support at 113-04 (May 23 low), it stopped just shy of 112-30 (61.8% retrace of Mar 2-24 rally) after which lies 112-21 (Mar 13 low).
- Fedspeak: Barkin ('24 voter) at 0950ET, Collins (non-voter) at 1030ET.
- Data: GDP incl core PCE Q1 2nd release (0830ET), weekly initial claims (0830ET), Chicago Fed nat activity index Apr (0830ET), pending home sales Apr (1000ET), Kansas City mfg activity May (1100ET)
- Note/bond issuance: US Tsy $35B 7Y Note auction (91282CHF1) – 1300ET
- Bill issuance: US Tsy $35B 4W, $35B 8W bill auctions – 1130ET
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Why Subscribe to
MNI is the leading providerof intelligence and analysis on the Global Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange and Energy markets. We use an innovative combination of real-time analysis, deep fundamental research and journalism to provide unique and actionable insights for traders and investors. Our "All signal, no noise" approach drives an intelligence service that is succinct and timely, which is highly regarded by our time constrained client base.
Our Head Office is in London with offices in Chicago, Washington and Beijing, as well as an on the ground presence in other major financial centres across the world.