September 21, 2022 13:17 GMT
EM BulletFixed IncomeHomepagePolitical RiskPolitical Risk BulletBulletMarketsEmerging MarketsForeign ExchangePolitical Market News
The United Nations General Assembly has resumed in New York.
- Livestream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPq4s04lMg0
- Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi is expected to take the podium within the next 5-10 minutes.
- US and French officials yesterday cautioned against a breakthrough in nuclear talks with Iran during the UNGA. Raisi is expected to use the UN podium to outline international "malice" against Iran.
- US President Joe Biden is scheduled to speak at 10:35 ET 15:35 BST but delays are expected. Biden will, according to the White House, “offer a firm rebuke of Russia’s unjust war in Ukraine and make a call to the world to continue to stand against [Russia].”
- Biden is expected announce investments in global food security and, according to NSA Jake Sullivan, “lay out in detail how the US has restored its global leadership and the integrity of its word on the world stage...”
- UK PM Truss is the second to last speaker of the day and is expected to launch a defence of her economic policy saying: …We want people to keep more of the money they earn, because we believe that freedom trumps instruction…"