Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Core fixed income has generally traded within yesterday's ranges, although we did see some early weakness in gilts on the open (now reversed).
- The main story of the morning is the continued BTP rally. After 10-year yields broke to record low levels yesterday they reached new highs again earlier this morning. The futures contract hit a high of 153.82, just shy of the 153.87 level our technical analyst noted (corresponding to the 1.00 projection of the Oct-Jan rally from the Jan 22 low).
- Looking ahead there are no notable central bank speakers scheduled but there will be focus on Michigan confidence data.
- TY1 futures are up 0-1+ today at 136-29 with 10y UST yields down -1.2bp at 1.154% and 2y yields down -0.2bp at 0.108%.
- Bund futures are up 0.06 today at 176.49 with 10y Bund yields down -0.5bp at -0.464% and Schatz yields down -0.1bp at -0.723%.
- Gilt futures are up 0.04 today at 132.52 with 10y yields down -0.7bp at 0.462% and 2y yields down -0.5bp at -0.51%.