Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
Peru Central Bank kept the reference rate unchanged as expected by all surveyed analysts. The board's statement cited indicators for December show the economy continues to recover more quickly than expected, though activity remains below potential. It reiterated its view that monetary policy should remain "strongly expansive" for a prolonged period of time, and that it's ready to increase stimulus using different methods.
- Peru will begin implementing new Covid-19 quarantine measures, while its central bank chief economist speaks to reporters on Thursday's rate decision.
- 1500GMT/1000ET Lima Unemployment Rate (Prior 15.1%)
- 1500GMT/1000ET Peru Economic Activity (Expected -3.5% m/m vs prior -3.8%)