Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- A very weak start on Thursday for Chilean asset prices as both the currency and the local equity indices continue their decline following the surge higher on Monday.
- 829.90 in USDCLP represents Friday's closing price and would need to trade for the gap to be filled. With directional triggers well defined a breach of resistance at 842.25 would be needed to confirm a resumption of bullish conditions, opening 850.00 and further out 878.86, the Mar 19, 2020 high.
- Another 1% fall for the IPSA index adds to the over 5% decline from Monday's peak.
- Despite the powerful price action to start the week, political uncertainties relating to the ongoing constitutional re-write may be giving investors reason to remain cautious.
- No further data is due this week, however a slew of releases are scheduled for the middle of next week, including October economic activity. The next BCCh meeting is due December 14.