Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
OIL: Crude ticked lower overnight, with WTI & Brent losing $0.20 apiece.
- This comes after oil moved back from highs on Wednesday, after it initially
shrugged off a larger than expected headline crude build (this week's API print
had indicated a drawdown), and a tweet from U.S. President Trump calling for
lower oil prices, to print fresh intraday highs in the NY lunch hour.
- Crude still managed to finish higher on the day, although WTI settled over
$1.00 off the daily high as traders booked profits ahead of the Thanksgiving
weekend & equities moved away from highs into the close.
- Also worth noting that the latest Baker Hughes rig count data showed a
marginal pullback in active U.S. oil rigs.
- NYMEX also hiked WTI margins late Wednesday.