Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
The morning rally in gilts subsided just after midday with the subsequent selloff pushing yields back to yesterday's close alongside sideways trading in equities.
- Last yields: 2-year -0.068%, 5-year -0.0752%, 10-year 0.2136%, 40-year 0.7556%.
- The Dec-20 gilt future trades at 136.19, in the middle of the day's range (L: 135.98 / H: 136.37) and in line with yesterday's close.
- Short sterling futures are broadly 0.5-1.0 ticks higher on the day.
- Mortgage approvals printed far higher than expected for September (91.5k vs 76.1k) and likely reflects the boost in demand from the stamp duty holiday.
- The ECB struck a dovish tone at today's presser and appeared to set up additional stimulus in December, upping the ante on the BoE which continues to hint at the possibility of a shift to negative rates.
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.