Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Another busy session in terms of volumes for EGBs and Bund.
- News flow was a lot lighter, and we haven't learnt anyway new from the speakers so far.
- Bund is better offered but further downside traction has lost some momentum as desk position for the weekend.
- Peripherals are mixed, Italy has widened by 3.1bps, while Greece sits 0.4bp tighter.
- Gilts have underperformed vs the Bund, given the surprising Hawkish BoE yesterday.
- Regarding the Gilt/Bund, we are 1bp tighter, and some investors have also faded some of the widening bias in the Gilt Bund spread, after we tested highest level since March 2019.
- Looking ahead, Fed Powell, Clarida, Bowman, George, Bostic, BoE Tenreyro.
- After markets, Ratings from Fitch on Belgium, S&P on Germany, DBRS on Finland.
- Gilt futures are down -0.32 today at 126.13
- Bund futures are down -0.53 today at 170.17 with 10y Bund yields up 3.7bp at -0.222% and Schatz yields up 0.4bp at -0.691%
- BTP futures are down -0.88 today at 152.86 with 10y yields up 6.6bp at 0.786% and 2y yields up 2.5bp at -0.477%
- OAT futures are down -0.63 today at 166.48 with 10y yields up 4.4bp at 0.117% and 2y yields down -0.6bp at -0.699%.