Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- A more mixed session for EGBs today and especially in curve play.
- The German curve, is 2s/10s bull flatter but short of yesterday's low at 45.813, now at the lower part of today's range at 46.949.
- While 5/30s is leaning bull steeper as we tested through yesterday's high 88.616 and steepest since last Thursday.
- Peripherals outperform Bund, pushing spread tighter
- and Italy in the lead by 2.1bps
- Gilts saw some short covering this afternoon, post BoE, after Haldane dissented for reduction in QE but no one else followed.
- This was read as Dovish or at least not hawkish.
- Most interesting price action beside Gilts being up 38 ticks at the time of typing and just off session high, is the tightening against Germany.
- Gilts/Bund spreads is now at tightest levels since February.
- And next area of interest will be watch at 90.72bps, the 09/02 low.
- Looking ahead, Fed Williams, Bullard, Kaplan, Bostic, and ECB Schnabel.
- Also some attention on the Fed stress test results