Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Early bear steepening in the UK and German curves Tuesday, with Gilts underperforming. Stocks and GBP+EUR higher, but BTPs continue to underperform the periphery with spreads widening.
- Germany's top court rejected attempts to enforce its 2020 ruling on PSPP with yet more orders against the gov't and Bundesbank. RTE reports UK considering using force majeure on Northern Ireland Protocol.
- UK posted better-than-expected labour market numbers; Eurozone prelim 1Q GDP up at 1000ET.
- In supply, UK sells GBP3.25bln of 3-Yr Gilt and GBP2.25bln of 20-Yr Gilt (and DMO consultation notes out, see FI Bullets). Germany sells E6bln Schatz; EU syndication of dual-tranche SURE.
- Speakers include ECB's Villeroy (0900BST) and Lagarde (1500BST), with BOE's Bailey, Broadbent and Ramsden appearing (1500BST).
- Jun Bund futures (RX) down 12 ticks at 168.74 (L: 168.71 / H: 168.94)
- Jun Gilt futures (G) down 20 ticks at 127.22 (L: 127.21 / H: 127.44)
- Jun BTP futures (IK) down 19 ticks at 144.8 (L: 144.76 / H: 145.11)
- Italy / German 10-Yr spread 1.6bps wider at 123.6bps