Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Since the end of October, EUR/RUB has been consolidating higher after making a new YTD low just shy of 80.00.
- Geopolitical risks, oil weakness and broad risk-off have driven the cross +5.14% higher, with spot now hovering around the 100dma & 38.2% fibonacci retracement level.
- Markets have also trimmed rate hike expectations in Russia following the discovery of Omicron, but Nabiullina has stressed the CBR remains concerned about expectations and the sustained rise in inflation - as reflected in weekly CPI readings.
- Key support is defined at 83.6305, 81.8068 & 80.4211, while resistance stands at 85.66 & 86.70 (50% fib)