Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Economic Sentiment Indicator (ESI): 90.4; Prev (Nov): 87.7
Consumer: -13.9 (Nov: -17.6); Industry: -7.2 (Nov: -10.1); Services: -17.4 (Nov: -17.1); Retail: -13.1 (Nov: -12.7); Construction: -7.9 (Nov: -9.3)
- The EZ ESI rose 2.7pt to 90.4 in Dec, coming in slightly above market expectations (BBG: 89.5) but remaining well below pre-crisis levels
- The index rose to a two-month high in Dec, almost offsetting the drop seen in Nov, as several countries eased some of their strict lockdown measures.
- Among the largest EZ economies, the ESI saw the largest increase in Italy (+6.8pt to 88.3) following by Spain (+3.3pt to 90.8).
- Consumer sentiment registered in line with the flash result, showing an uptick to a three-month high of -13.9.
- Industrial confidence increased to the highest level since Feb, rising by 2.9pt to -7.2.
- Sentiment in the service and retail trade sector deteriorated in Dec as tight social distancing measures remained in place.
- Service confidence dropped to -17.4, down 0.3pt, while retail trade sentiment fell by 0.4pt to -13.1 in Dec.
- The construction sector saw an improvement in sentiment by 1.4pt to -7.9, which is the highest level since Mar.
- The employment expectations index edged up 1.4pt to 88.3 in Dec after falling to 86.9 in the previous month.